how boys learn to rape / how girls learn to be silent
- Teacher: So, when you see the 4 year old boy pull the little girl’s hair…
- Students: [gleefully] He likes her! ☺
- Teacher: Now they are around 11 or 12, and he grabs her arm and
- wrestles her to the ground. Even though she calls him a jerk and yells at him to leave her alone.
- Students: [smiling, singsong] Oh…that’s just how boys are.
- Teacher: Now they are 18 and he grabs her arm.
- Students: Oh, no. [shaking their heads] Now, that’s not ok.
- Teacher: Really? How would he know? How would she know? You just told me that, for the first 17 years of these kids’ lives, you thought it was cute, sweet, and natural for a boy to grab a girl and be rough with her.